Saturday, April 16, 2011

Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich, fruit salad & pine nut hummus w/ relishes

A classmate and old friend, Heather Lambert McQuillan featured this sandwich on her blog and we decided to give it a try...yum! It was an instant approval from Wayne as it had Tabasco in the ingredients. I did not add it into the sauce, however as the boys wouldn't eat it then, but put it directly on Wayne and I's sandwiches and we added some creamy jalapeno sauce by Taco Bell. We used extra large deli tea rolls as buns and it was delicious!


Here is the link to the recipe at Heather's blog:
http://mrsmcquillanmastersmeals.blogspot.com/2011/02/marlboro-mans-favorite-sandwich-with.html





I served this sandwich with a contrasting fruit and vegetable arrangement. The 2 fresh fruits we had gotten this time at Sam's Club were cantaloupe and kiwi, which even offered contrasting colors. One was not quite ripe though and I wish I would have had the camera ready for everyone's faces, including my own, as we bit into an unexpected bitter slice of it. 



I also had been dying to get some Roasted Pine Nut Hummus after trying it on sample day at Sam's last month. Wal-Mart ended up having a small tub of it which was not near enough and rest assured it is on next month's bulk buy list for Sam's. This is another one of those items I was never exposed to when I was little and upon my first taste of a different flavored hummus had vowed never to torture my taste buds with it again, however while starving and grabbing every sample in sight at Sam's a couple weekends ago, I seen baked tortilla wedges with a pinkish orange colored guacamole looking dip and immediately went for it popping it in my mouth before reading what it actually was.


Good thing, turns out I LOVE IT! For those of you less experienced eaters, that is what it was similar too, the texture of guacamole and a taste similar to a mild salsa. I didn't get the baked tortilla wedges (though they were to die for with it) and dipped everything from veggies to tortillas to crackers to chips in it. My favorite next to the tortilla wedges was baked veggie crackers. MMmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment