Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Porcupine Meatballs



My mom used to make these for us growing up. Her recipe has remained my most successful over the years and it is the easiest one I have came across as well. My boys prefer to call it "red soup with meat in it" as the like their meatballs mashed and added to a healthy portion of the soup.



Ingredients:

1-2 lbs ground burger, uncooked
1 cup of rice, cooked (I steam minute rice in my Pampered Chef Vegetable Steamer)
2-3 cans tomato soup (at my house, you may get away with 1-2 cans)
tomato soup can full of milk or water per can soup
1 t Basil
pepper, garlic  onion powder to taste ( t each)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400* Mix all ingredients other than soup together. Form 2" meatballs out of meat, rice and seasoning mixture. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until burger is no longer pink. Meanwhile, mix soup and water or milk together in pot. Add basil and simmer until warm all the way through.  **** Some people add the soup on top of the meatballs in the baking dish. I do not like it that way. I prefer to leave the soup in a pot and let people spoon on how much they want, and I think it tastes better that way too.

Served with corn casserole, another favorite side dish is cheesy potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment