Friday, March 25, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Plugger Dip

What is Plugger Dip? From what I understood upon meeting the Tonsager family, it is their own creation, or that of their friends? I really can't remember and should double check with my in-laws, however I do know it looked and sounded revolting the first time I had seen it done. I decided what the heck and tried it. It is now our #1 side for any grilled or BBQ food. 

This is the leftovers & we were already out of cottage cheese. 

This simple dip can be done one of two ways; 

1 container cottage cheese
1-2 can pork and beans 
2 cans Pringles or baked lays

1. Mix cottage cheese and cold pork and beans together, use chips to dip (man's favorite)

or my favorite prep:

2. Warm Beans (I prefer Bush's Baked Beans) on stove; 
place serving size of each ingredient next to each other on your plate and use chips to gather a mixture of both cottage cheese and beans. 

I promise it is yummy and a very good protein boost!!!!




BBQ Pulled Pork

Ingredients:

1 pork loin
2-3 c beef bullion broth
1 T minced onion
1/2t garlic
1/2 t season all salt
1-2 cups BBQ sauce of choice
Buns (I like onion or large tea rolls)

Directions:


Combine all but last 2 ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for a minimum of 12 hours. (We do 24 hours.) Remove meat & add BBQ sauce. Serve on Buns.


***Tip*** cook baked beans with a tablespoon of brown sugar and some cut up raw bacon slices for added flavor. 



Mmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment